Several years ago, there used to be a weekly meme, hosted at orangeclouds.org, called Participation Positives. It was one of my favorite memes back when I first started blogging. The concept was that every Monday, participants posted a short list of things that were positive in their lives.
It’s a habit I sometimes think I should get back to, seeing as it feels like I’m generally viewing things from a very pessimistic world view. So, I have reinvented the meme as a quick little weekly feature.
Making the attempt to be more regular with these. It’s working so well, can’t you see? lol I suppose a handful of posts in a month is better than silence for years, right? I’m actually contemplating signing up for the July NaBloPoMo, but it’s an internal debate.
Anyway, for today’s positive thoughts:
- My back has stopped hurting! Most of last week was spent with my back in terrible pain because I pulled the muscle and I sit all day in a cubicle with icy cold air from the vent pointed right at it. But, *knocks on wood* it’s been pretty good the last couple days.
- Despite completely failing at the stamped nail art I wanted to do this weekend, I managed to create a second look I totally love.
- While at the San Diego Highland Games yesterday, I discovered that Richard Searles actually had a couple CDs out I actually didn’t own — that has now been rectified. We also got to talk to some fantastic people, both those we can count among our friends and those who are just friendly.
- After we got home, I discovered that BJ’s Parmesan Encrusted Chicken is some of the best chicken ever. (It also comes with their fantastic White Cheddar Mashed Potatoes, which I love!)
- It’s a short week because of the Independence Day holiday. Only working four days is a really, really good thing.