Several years ago, there used to be a weekly meme, hosted at orangeclouds.org, called Participation Positives. It was one of my favorite memes back when I first started blogging. The concept was that every Monday, participants posted a short list of things that were positive in their lives.
It’s a habit I sometimes think I should get back to, seeing as it feels like I’m generally viewing things from a very pessimistic world view. So, I have reinvented the meme as a quick little weekly feature.
That being said, here’s this week’s list of positives:
- Getting myself back into blogging, rediscovering a voice I’ve missed.
- Really happy with where my writing is these days. Got two BBs in the works with titti, who is one of the best people with whom to write. Got a WIP I’m enjoying writing and people seem to like the first couple chapters. Got some original ideas roaming around in my brain that will probably see the light of day soon.
- Getting a bonus with this paycheck. (Sorely needed.)
- Went to Ulta with Mum this weekend and one of the free gifts with purchase was Zoya’s Monet nail polish, which I’ve been drooling over for weeks, ever since seeing it in the spring colors catalog that came with my last order. Seriously, isn’t this a gorgeous polish?
- Didn’t hate Maleficent as much as I anticipated I would. Actually, didn’t hate it at all. It’s a good movie if you divorce it from the idea of being based on the character from Disney’s Sleeping Beauty.